Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Color Throwdown #528



Welcome to another Color Throwdown Challenge! This week, Lynn is our hostess and has chosen aqua, saffron, brown and yellow. It's hard to believe this is the last Wednesday in the month and I want to say a big THANK YOU to Vicki Finger for guesting with us the past 5 weeks!  She totally rocked the colors!

I simply could not come up with a design without sneaking in a wee bit of neutral green - lol!


I'm using this fun Papertrey Ink heart set again that involves a series of four different stamps to get the finished design. I stamped with Bumblebee Yellow, Iced Aqua, Lime Green - from Reverse Confetti - and also used So Saffron and Soft Suede from Stampin' Up. Using a MISTI to get the stamps lined up correctly is a must for me!

I also wanted to share a helpful tip to cut "flag" ends to a sentiment
strip.  I punch out the tiny SU tag and hold it over the strip for a cutting guide.  This gives a pretty perfect "V" formation that I can't seem to accomplish just by "eyeballing" it!

STAMPS: Love in Bloom (Papertrey Ink).
DIES: Mix and Mat: Plaid Die and Love in Bloom (Papertrey Ink); All Framed Up (Reverse Confetti).

For more inspiration, you can click on the design team links below:




No comments: