Sunday, May 8, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches



I'm playing along with the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge this week and squeaking in under the wire to meet the deadline.  I moved my sentiment to make it a better fit, but hopefully the challenge police won't be upset.  Using Concord and 9th stamps and dies, I took a tiny leaf stamp with Smoky Slate ink to create the base background.  The bird/branch die was cut twice so I could separate the birds to watercolor them and adhere them to the branch.  I used a cobalt blue from my Pelikan watercolors to color the birds.  I added a darker concentration of the paint with a texture tool to speckle the birds. The wings are popped up with a foam square.  Psst...these birds will be making another appearance later in the week on my blog!  Just sayin'.  

STAMPS: By Your Side and Love You, Mean It (Concord and 9th).
PAPER: Soft Stone (PTI), Ranger watercolor CS.
INK: Smoky Slate (SU).
ACCESSORIES: By Your Side Bird Die (Concord and 9th); Stitched Rounded Rectangle Die-Namics by MFT; Buttons by SU.

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

3 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Lovely! Those birds are really amazing! So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love your cute little birds, Wanda!!!!! The leafy stamped bg looks like designer paper and the buttons are so pretty!!!! Beautifully done!!!!
Hugz

Karren said...

Adorable card! Those little birds are just too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.