Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Color Throwdown



Check out this fabulous photo that inspired Barbara Anders' Color Throwdown Challenge choice of colors this week - Cobalt blue, light gray, kraft and white! I'm in awe of that water color and would love to put this location on my bucket list!  Here's my take on the colors...


I used a cobalt shade of blue from my Pelikan water colors on
Ranger WC cardstock.  I wanted something more to add a look of texture, so I grabbed this texture tool from my desk caddy and pounced some more concentrated color on the birds. The wings were popped up with a tiny foam square.  I die cut the birds twice - once from kraft CS and the second time from the watercolored CS -  then cut the birds away from the branch and glued them over the kraft birds. Here's what else I used...
STAMPS: By Your Side (Concord and 9th), Diagonal Stripes Background (MFT).
PAPER: Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake (SU), Neenah Solar White.
INK: Fairy Dust and Silver Lining by WPlus9.
DIES: By Your Side Bird Die by WPlus9; Stitched Line Die by Lil' Inker Designs.

Congrats to our guest star stamper - Eliz Stewart from Paper Sweetness! Be sure to stop by her blog to see her lovely card!

To get all the details on how to play along with the challenge, please go to the Color Throwdown blog and check out the info on the right sidebar!  You can also check out the rest of the design teams' creations for more inspiration on the CTD blog... or you can clink on their blog links below.
Amy Rohl

Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe   
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here)
Jill Hawkins - May Guest Designer    


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

beautiful!

Lisa H. said...

lovely! those birds are so great!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

THis is totally sweet, Wanda! Those blue birds are awesome. And grey, OMG, how I love those grey details?!!!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I really love those cute little birds, Wanda!!!! What a special sentiment!!! The enamel dots are beautiful and your card is simply stunning!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Vickie Z said...

Love those birds and that big sentiment!! Have spied both of these and others treasures keep getting in the way... Love how you used them!!