Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Color Throwdown



Happy hump day everyone! You are going to LOVE these colors that hostess Broni has chosen for the new Color Throwdown Challenge - Blush, Rose, Gray and White! I knew right away I wanted to ink up this freebie Daisy stamp set that Altenew recently offered with any paper order. 
I went with one of my 'go to' layouts by adding a striped border using MFT's Diagonal Stripes background stamp and Smoky Slate ink by SU.



Isn't that font gorgeous?  I'm loving Altenew's Super Script set!  I highly recommend using a MISTI to do repeat stamping (I did it 3 times) for a crisp, clear image.  

INK: Smoky Slate and Blushing Bride by SU; Fairy Dust, Silver Lining and Sweet Gelato by WPlus9; Memento Tuxedo Black.
PAPER: Rose Red, Neenah Solar White.

Congrats to our guest star stamper - Eliz Stewart of Paper Sweetness!  Be sure to stop by her blog to see her lovely card!

To get all the details on how to play along with the challenge, please go to the Color Throwdown blog and check out the info on the right sidebar!  You can also check out the rest of the design teams' creations for more inspiration on the CTD blog... or you can clink on their blog links below.
Amy Rohl

Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe   
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here)
Jill Hawkins - May Guest Designer    


7 comments:

Lisa H. said...

beautiful work with these colors. gorgeous card and I love how your sentiment just pops in black.

Joanne said...

This is so beautiful, I really love these colors.

Unknown said...

Wanda, Thank you so much for your kind comments! I see you are having a beautiful love affair with Altenew as well...it seems I start playing with their florals and I love it all. Your floral arrangement is stunning!

Susi said...

Such a gorgeous card. Love the striped strip and your choice of large sentiment!

Lynn Put said...

This is gorgeous, Wanda! Your floral and stripe combo looks incredible.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous flowers and use of the colours and layout!

Celeste Goff said...

Love your gorgeous card Wanda! I used your card as my inspiration for my submission.