Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Color Throwdown




It's time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge and Amy Rohl, our hostess for the week, has chosen a fabulous color palette based on this yummy cake photo!  I went very literal with my interpretation and inked up these berries from WPlus9's Fresh Picked stamp set. 

Here's my take on it... 



I started with a Ranger watercolor CS base and added a light pink watercolor border using Spun Sugar distress ink (I seem to be addicted to adding watercolor details to all my cards lately 😜).  Then, I inked up the strawberries using Festive Berries distress ink and rocked and rolled the edges in Cranberry Crush dye ink by WPlus9.  Here's what else I used...
STAMPS: Fresh Picked (WPlus9).
PAPER: Winter Dots and Stripes by Echo Park, Real Red, Ranger watercolor CS.
ACCESSORIES: Fresh Picked dies by WPlus9; Red twine. 


 Congratulations to our guest star stamper - the talented Tenia Nelson!  You'll want to stop by her blog and check out her beautiful creation HERE.     


To get all the details on how to play along with the challenge, please go to the Color Throwdown blog and check out the info on the right sidebar!  You can also check out the rest of the design teams' creations for more inspiration on the CTD blog... or you can clink on their blog links below.
Amy Rohl

Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe   
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here)
Jill Hawkins - May Guest Designer    


 

4 comments:

EYSchmitt said...

I LOVE those berries!

Broni said...

What a great card! I love that soft pink watercolor background and the way you rocked the strawberries in the darker cranberry ink gave them such great dimension! Love it!

Lynn Put said...

Oh my goodness, you nailed this week's challenge! I have to say it, your card is "berry sweet" lol. Love your layout and pretty tag with the strawberries.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is just so 'berry' sweet, Wanda!!!! Those berries look good enough to eat!!! Such a fun card - love the polka dots!!!!!
Hugz