Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Color Challenge Meets Paper Players



The Paper Players Challenge has a great CAS sketch this week, so I paired it with the Color Challenge on SCS to create a 70th anniversary card for an aunt and uncle. I built a plaid background with the 3 main CC colors: Watermelon Wonder, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry (dessert option is to add green).  The happy die was cut 3 times and layered up to create more dimension.  I took some liberty with the 'any shape' element and went with a floral collage instead of a single shape.  Once again, my mighty MISTI came to the rescue and made it easy to line up the sentiment via the grid lines and then allowed me to stamp it twice to get a crisper image.

STAMPS: Mini Modern Blooms (MFT), Plaid BG Builder (MFT), Wet Paint (PTI).
INK: Watercolor Wonder, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Memento Tuxedo Black.

7 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Oh so beautiful Wanda. I love the colors and how nice the stamped and die cut flowers look nested together.

laurie said...

Wow, I really like how you used the sketch! The flowers are so vibrant with the plaid circle. Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge at The Paper Player this week!

AnitaR said...

Love what you've done with this sketch! Beautiful!

Brenda said...

Very striking with the black against those awesome colours! I love it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a wonderful floral bough Wanda, I just love those colours! Your plaid is amazing too - I thought it was printed paper until I read your post, you made a grand job of stamping that circle!! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Wanda, I just love the plaid circle you created to showcase those gorgeous flowers! Such a great color combo, too! So happy you joined The Paper Players this week! XX

Petra Swart said...

My flowr-lovin heart skips a beat looking at those lovely flowers, Wanda!!! Love the colours and the beautiful plaid circle!!! Wonderully done!!!!
Hugz