Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Color Throwdown


The gorgeous color palette for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge is brought to us by the talented Jodi! I tried my hand at Dawn Woleslagle's technique to combine Copic markers and blender pen with two step stamping.


I came to a conclusion at the end of my card: I will never come close to the shading perfection that Dawn demonstrates!  After I tried removing color on the roses with a blender pen, I then went back and tried to highlight with a R83 Copic marker.  It still lacked definition, so I pulled out my Melon Mambo ink pad and did the second step again and called it done. I was OK with how my leaves turned out but dang...I sure did get carried away with my thorns - lol!  The striped panel was created using MFT's large diagonal background stamp.  I used 4 stamp sets from WPlus9: Coming Up Roses, Spring Blooms (leaves), Ink Splats and Hand Lettered Hello.  Some Caribbean Blend sequins by Avery Elle topped it off.

A little helpful hint: I used my MISTI tool to stamp the sentiment twice to get a rich black inking of the sentiment.

A big CONGRATS to our guest star stamper - Kathy Schweinfurth of Stamps at Play!  Be sure and stop by her blog to say hello!

We hate to say goodbye after today to Karen Giron - our uber talented guestie this month!  Stay tuned next week to find out who our next talented guest designer will be!

For more inspiration, you can visit the design team's blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog to see everyone's creations there.


5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful!

Rosemary said...

totally gorgeous!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty, Wanda!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh Wanda, this card is a STUNNER! LOVE those flowers, they are GORGEOUS! I also LOVE the offset focal panel and the diagonal stripes underneath! Perfection!

Lori said...

I think your roses are gorgeous! Just amazing . . .