Thursday, March 23, 2017

Vintage Flowers


Hope you're having a terrific Thursday! I'm joining in three challenges with this card: Altenew's March Inspiration Challenge, CAS(E) This Sketch and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge to use more than one die or punch!  I discovered a quick and easy way to do a background color wash by scribbling distress ink markers on watercolor cardstock, spritzing several times with water, then gently blending with a brush.  I used Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin and Festive
Berries markers.  The 3 step stamping on the flowers was done using SU inks: Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango and Real Red.  I then fussy cut and popped the flowers with foam tape.  Dies are by Memory Box - Hello Script, Small Mariana Vine Outline, Large Marianna Vine Background.

Thanks for stopping by...now I'm heading out to do some shopping!  :-)

7 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

This is SO lovely Wanda!!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Wanda! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Tommie said...

I love this, the background it really pretty I can't wait to try it!

Gwendolyn said...

Love your layout and the watercolour background!

Esther Asbury said...

This is a gorgeous card!! I love the background and those beautiful blooms!
I'd like to invite you to link up to the Cropstop blog where anything goes as long as you use some products from the companies they carry in the store (you did!). You can check it out here:
www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/march-challenge-link-party-26

Erum Tasneem said...

This is ABSOLUTELY fantastic!!!
Thanks for joining as for the Altenew March Inspiration Challenge.

Michelle said...

So lovely, Wanda! I love your technique with the Distress Inks, it creates a beautiful background. Gorgeous!