Monday, March 13, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches




After caring for a sick 8 month old grandson today, I finally got some time to stamp after making a huge pot of chili for supper - so appropriate for the chilly and snowy forecast heading our way!  I literally took every element on this card from my scrap pile!  I flipped the current layout for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.  The florals (Daisy by Altenew) were fussy cut and popped with foam tape.  I smooshed distress inks over watercolor paper prior to stamping the Carte Postale background stamp - an old one by Stampendous.  The sentiment die is Hand Lettered Hello by WPlus9.

During the time it took me to make this card, the dreaded snow has started to fall.  I'm so ready for spring and am sure all the daffodils and budding trees are wondering what in the world is going on with the weather these days!

3 comments:

Karren said...

This is gorgeous, Wanda! Your smooshed background looks fabulous with the text over the top.

Jen Mitchell said...

How beautiful this is! THe flowers are gorgeous and I love the vintage look of this!

Petra Swart said...

Simply beautiful, Wanda!!!! That post card looks like some lovely patterned paper!!!!! The daisies are so pretty!!!!! Love the somewhat vintage feel of this card!!!!! Wonderfully done!!!
Hugz