Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Color Throwdown




Happy Wednesday everyone! Lisa Henke has a really sweet color palette for the new Color Throwdown Challenge: light yellow, green and blue! It totally inspired me to create something with Simon Says Stamp's Spring Flowers stamp set!  Thankfully, I don't need a sympathy card, but it's always good to have one on reserve.  

I white embossed the images on Ranger watercolor cardstock, then loosely watercolored using distress inks and markers.  I've been wanting to create some wide stripes with a flat edge brush and was happy how these turned out using Tumbled Glass distress ink.  The border includes a die from Reverse Confetti's Edge Essentials - a must have die set for that awesome finishing touch on a card!  I was too chicken to add splatters without using a more controlled method of just stamping with a splatter stamp from SU's Gorgeous Grunge set.  The sentiment die was cut twice and is by Simon Says Stamp.

I'm also entering this card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where "anything goes" for the theme this week.

Congrats to Cheryl McAskill of A Stampin' Holiday, our guest star stamper this week!
Also, we have to sadly say goodbye to Lisa Lara who graced us with her talents during March as our guest designer.  Thanks, Lisa!  Stay tuned next week to meet our April guestie.

For more details on how to play along, head over to the Color Throwdown Blog and you'll find the information on the right sidebar!  You can also visit the rest of the design team's creations for more inspiration by clicking on the links below:


7 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is stunning!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Wow! Your card is absolutely perfect!

Lisa Lara said...

Jaw dropping Wanda! Oh my golly. Magical. I just love the blue word die.

Jo Nevill said...

So very pretty, I love the colours you have used for this gorgeous card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Michelle said...

Wow! Such a beautiful card, Wanda! Your splattered flowers are fabulous and that pinked edge is just perfect! (I just added that set of dies to my wish list).

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful card! I love the coloring and the soft stripes with these lovely flowers!

Lisa H. said...

LOVE this! it is sooooo so pretty! the stripes and flowers together are gorgeous.