Friday, June 12, 2015

ODBD June Release Reminder


  
Today, some of the designers at Our Daily Bread Designs are taking a look back at the June release...hoping to inspire you to go shopping at their store if you haven't already!   This month we had a sunshine theme for you and we had tools for the handy man or woman in your life!  


As you can see, I'm playing with the Tool Time Dies and the
stamped sentiment from World's Greatest. After getting my hands on some silver foil paper, I knew I wanted to emboss it for the background.  I layered up a couple of Labels Twenty One Spellbinders dies then topped it off with 3 of the paper pieced tools.  You can see the difference in the brushed metallic silver CS that I used with the tools compared to the shiny foil.  I used a square punch to cut the ends of the sentiment banner. 

I have another quick tag creation that I attached to a bag of cashews that I shipped to my dad as part of a box of goodies for his 89th birthday (June 15).  It uses the new papers from the Vintage Ephemera Collection, a Mini Tags die, a Pennant die and a sentiment from World's Greatest.  I fussy cut the bottom layer of each tag. Perfect gift from a daughter who loves puns - lol - for a dad who loves nuts!

For more inspiration, you'll want to check out the other creations by clicking on the blog links below:
  Julie * Lori * Cathy * Dawn * Sandee * Amy * America * Wanda

Thanks so much for stopping by...

7 comments:

America said...

Hi Wanda! I LOVE how you've used the ODBD dies and stamps on both the card and the NUT treat project. Great colors, textures and ideas. Both are brilliant designs. You're totally rocking these sets!

Cathymac said...

You have really knocked this release out of the ball park with your fabulous designs, Wanda, and these creations are just another example! Love the metal look on your tool card, and the bag of nuts is just too cute!

Marisa said...

You are ROCKING this set, Wanda! Another great card!

Dawn said...

What awesome samples, Wanda!!! Love the embossed silver paper, so perfect with the tools! And the tag for the bag of nuts... more perfection!!!

Saints Rule! said...

Super cute Wanda!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wow! Love your Dad card, Wanda! The embossing on the silver is perfect for a guy card. Love the layout, too.

Petra Swart said...

What a stunning FD card, Wanda!!! Such a lovely lo of the different elements!! Love those cool tools!!!
I love cashews and I love the sweet tag you've mad for your Dad!!! Surely he loved it, too!!!!
Hugz