Monday, June 29, 2015

Color Challenge


I can't believe how quickly this month has flown by and it's already my last week as a guest designer for the SCS Color Challenge!  I want to thank the team for inviting me to join them - it's been a lot of fun!  Now, on to the new colors...



Mary Marsh has chosen these really yummy colors - Hello Honey, Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder - with the dessert option to feature our favorite summertime sweet treat.  Well...I opted to skip dessert because this new SU set was calling out my name and
for me...summertime flowers ARE the best treat - maybe not the sweet kind, but they are a treat for my eyes and many of them smell sweet :-).   I colored the flower with Copics after stamping with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on X-Press It Blending Card, then fussy cut and adhered with a glue stick.  I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment  and it's a good thing!  With stamping on a portion of the leaf, I didn't get a clear enough image with the first try, but the MISTI allowed me to ink up again and then it was perfect.  I have really loved having this tool in my arsenal!  Don't you love being enabled?! :-)


STAMPS: You've Got This (SU).
PAPER: Moonlight designer papers by SU, White.
INK: Hello Honey, Memento Tuxedo Black.
ACCESSORIES: Enamel dots by MME, Diamond Stickles, Copics.

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous!

Joan Ervin said...

Gorgeous coloring, Wanda, and I love the background!!! Perfect placement of the dots, too!!!

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW- stunning!