Monday, June 15, 2015

CC Meets FMS



Hope you're having a terrific Tuesday! I'm guesting for the Color Challenge on SCS this month and Barbara has chosen Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay with dessert to use a die cut or punch in our design. I'm also using the current Freshly Made Sketches layout.  All stamps and dies used are by My Favorite Things.  I colored the water lily with Copics then fussy cut and popped with foam tape.

The striped panel was made using the Plaid Background Builder
stamp set in Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay inks.  The sentiment is from Sunflower Girl and the lily is from Flowers 3.  A lesson I learned 18 years ago from my very first SU demonstrator is to add a hint of yellow whenever you're coloring flowers or leaves.  It makes the images look so much more natural!

Dies: Dainty Lace, Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX, Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX - all by MFT.

1 comment:

Petra Swart said...

WOW, what fantastic colouring of that lily, Wanda - it looks beautiful!!!! Love your use of the colours!!! Such a stunning card!!!
Hugz
PS. Can't remember if I have congratulated you on winning FMS last week!!! Big congrats - your card was really beautiful!!!