Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Color Challenge Guest



I had the honor of being asked to be a guest designer for the SCS Color Challenge for June! The
colors are Basic Gray, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Calypso Coral with the dessert option being the use of sky and leaves. You can use 2 or more colors for sky and leaves but they should be downplayed in the design. I knew right away I wanted to use the Fabulous Flamingo set from Reverse Confetti.  I hand drew some grass to ground the image with Copics G40 and G12.  I'm not sure what happened to the ink formula in my Basic Gray pad.  It stamps lighter than Smoky Slate (and it's still very "juicy" with ink), so may need to see if SU will replace it.  :-(  I used MFT's Burlap BG stamp with Smoky Slate ink on the same color CS for the horizontal element.  This is also for Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge - a fabulous CAS layout!

STAMPS: Fabulous Flamingo and Whole Lotta Dots - both by Reverse Confetti.
PAPER: Calypso Coral, Smoky Slate, White.
INK: Calypso Coral, Crisp Canteloupe, Smoke Slate.
ACCESSORIES: Stitched circle and stitched clouds dies by Lil' Inker Designs, Corner Chomper, MFT Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics, Avery Elle sequins.

2 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

I just love that flamingo Wanda. Love the grass and design.

Petra Swart said...

Congrats on the GD spot, Wanda!!! Your card is simply beautiful!!!! Love how you have used the colours!!!
Hugz