Monday, June 8, 2015

Mojo Monday




And...we're off and running to the next 400 sketches by bringing you Mojo Monday sketch challenge #401.  If you've gotten a chance to see the new SU catalog, you may have seen their new Bohemian designer paper...LOVE the combination of Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry and Delightful Dijon! 




I wanted to recreate that Bohemian feel by using a variety of circle medallion images from Verve's Peaceful Medallions set.  I don't have the new SU inks yet, so I subbed Crushed Curry.  The grid patterned paper is from SU's Moonlight stack of papers.  I fussy cut the flowers (Be Blessed - Verve) and stamped the sentiment (Moments Remembered - Verve) in Blackberry Bliss.  I used Verve's Sprightly Sprigs dies to cut leaves from Bermuda Bay CS.  I looped some gold cording and tucked the loops underneath using glue dots.  The grosgrain ribbon and button are also from SU.  

Check out the rest of the mojomakers' creations by clicking on their blog links below...or... you can go to the Mojo Monday blog and the first 7 thumbnails will be the design team's cards.
Carole Burrage
Julee Tilman (Owner)
Marisa Ritzen 
Mary Fish
Sarah Bigelow
Teresa Kline 
Wanda Cullen (you are here)  


On a side note, I'm the oldest in my family with two younger brothers and today is my next youngest brother's birthday where he's celebrating the big 6-0!  I don't get to see him very often (he lives in northeastern Ohio near our home town) but wanted to give him a shout out!  He's quite the talented guy with singing, playing guitar, being worship leader at their church; he also has some great woodworking and artistic skills and is the comedian in our family!  Happy birthday, Lowell! 

10 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Your card is beautiful, Wanda!!!! Love the colours and the bg stamping!!! The sentiment is so lovely!!!
Have a great week!!!!
Hugz

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the background you created and the pretty colors.

Karen Day said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Wanda!

Stampingcountry said...

What a lovely color combo!

Debra Blake said...

I absolutely love this card! The color combinations are wonderful!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Swoon! This is just gorgeous, Wanda! Love that medallion background and the fabulous colors.

~amy~ said...

Love your card and happy birthday to your brother!

Lisa said...

Another beautiful card! I love your stunning colors!

Carol Dunstan said...

I agree, I love the colours in the Bohemian paper! And I love how you've used them in your card, looks great :D

Lisa Lynn said...

Wanda, your card is gorgeous. Love that stamp and your paper.