Saturday, February 22, 2014

Retrosketches Tag



This month has totally flown by so quickly and I can't believe I'm on my last post as a guest designer for the Retrosketches Challenge blog! Today, I'm bringing you a remake of one of my former projects - a tag.  I have a wee hint of grunge in my remake with the grungy Honeycomb Mini background stamp - a sneak peek of a new, fun stamp that will be released in ODBD March release coming out on the 1st!  The bees are another peek from the new release - from the Zinnia set. I mixed the new with some older images - all from ODBD: Stitch Background and Simple Things (clover and sentiment).  The stitching pattern always reminds me of a bee's path, so thought it would be perfect to pair with this tag theme.  I added Wink of Stella clear shimmer brush marker to the bees' wings and to the larger, lighter green leaves.  I had trouble capturing the subtle shimmer in my photograph. :-( 

Thanks to Arielle and her team for having me as a guest!  Have no fear...I'll be a frequent flyer in the Retrosketches gallery as long as my fingers are able to get inky - lol! 

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is a stunning take on the sketch. Love the clover and the little bees.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Arielle H Gordon said...

GORGEOUS!!! Thank you SO SO MUCH for joining us this month - you totally rock Wanda!!! Love & Hugs!

Broni said...

I love them both, Wanda! Beautiful!!

Lee-Anne said...

Wanda, I love all the elements on this gorgeous tag! The colors are fabulous!