Friday, February 28, 2014

Gaga Over Sequins

...and that's the theme for the Free 4 All Challenge on SCS today.  I'm a big fan of sequins and here lately, you'll generally always see a few sprinkled on my creations.  


My favorites are from Avery Elle where the color families have varying sizes and shades of color in each package.  I'm also playing along with Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday Challenge - isn't that a fabulous layout?!  I thought it would be perfect to sneak peek some new ODBD goodies that will be released tomorrow!  The bumblebee and zinnias are from the Zinnia stamp set which has matching dies available as well.  The largest zinnia on this card is actually the smallest of two zinnia images.  I wanted varying sizes for this sketch, so stamped the flower 3 times and fussy cut two smaller sizes.  I used Stampendous Detail White EP on Real Red cardstock.  The sentiment was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black on vellum and clear embossed.  Notice the border?  I took one of ODBD Beautiful Border dies from their February release and trimmed off the narrow scalloped portion.  It's a way to get more bang for your buck - lol!  I love trying to think outside of the box with my supplies! 

Thanks so much for stopping by...TGIF and I have the day off!  I'm working on LOTS of laundry today then need to run some errands.

1 comment:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a FUN, sunny creation! I love the bee and the sequins are a great addition - I'm a big fan too!