Friday, December 28, 2012

Queen Charlene


Trish has a fun challenge for this last of the year Queen for the Day Challenge on SCS! We are to look at the year's list of queens and find the one that was closest to our birthday and CASE a card from that queen's gallery.  LilLuvsStampin (aka Charlene Merrick) happened to be queen exactly on my birthday - April 12!   Charlene also became a dirty girl this year, so I had a tough time narrowing it down to a single card to CASE, but finally went with this beautiful CARD in pink and green...one of my fave color combos!   I loved her bold pop of black in the ribbon, so kept that element.  Instead of a prima, I made a flower using the Rose Creations dies from Spellbinders, sponged the edges with Cameo Coral and Sage Shadow - two retired inks by SU.  Papers are from MME's "Market" pad - mounted on a Vintage Cream base.  Sentiment is from Verve's "Lean on Me" set. Once again, I'm honored to celebrate Charlene as my birthday queen! 

No comments: