Thursday, December 15, 2011

Razzleberry Gift Card Stocking



The Ways to Use It Challenge on SCS is to take a look into our favorites gallery...pick something that inspires us...and JUST DO IT! No, Nike is not the sponsor - lol! I had just "faved" a card today by Kittie Carraciola with clusters of white poinsettias...check it out on her blog HERE! I haven't mastered her detailed work yet, but did want to create a layered poinsettia to decorate this die cut stocking. I sponged the flower petals with Cranberry Crisp ink and sponged the olive holly leaves with Always Artichoke ink. I then took Imaginisce's petal roller tool and slightly curled the edges of all the leaves. I kept a simpler approach with the flower and omitted the punched ferns.

Here's what else I used:
PAPER: Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive
ACCESSORIES: Stocking die (SU), Layered Poinsettia die by Spellbinders, Gold cording, Gold glitter adhesive dots by Recollections, Petals-a-Plenty EF by SU, Square Lattice EF by SU.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful stocking! Like the textured paper of it and of the flower!

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Wanda, and there you go flaunting that Nestie in my face again LOL! Love the texture adn the colour combo. Great project.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful! isn't Kittie's tutorial fab! I have used it myself! :)

Hope you have a wonderful holiday!! :)

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful stocking Wanda-love the rich colors and of course the beautiful poinsettia