Friday, December 16, 2011

At West End Inspiration


It's been awhile since I've played along with the Inspiration Challenge on SCS, but now that I'm on Christmas vacation, I have more time to play. Anne has given us a great shabby chic/rustic style web site with so many wonderful goodies for inspiration: At West End. I loved the wooden snowflakes they had for sale and was inspired by the luminaries as well. I decided to punch out a snowflake pattern from white CS and let the DP "shine through" much like the light would shine through a luminary design. I ran the snowflake punched square through the Big Shot using the square lattice EF. Some satin ribbon, a tiny scallop tag (die by Verve) and some glitter around the edges of the punched snowflake finished it off. I simply could not capture the sparkle of the glitter in the photo, but it's there. Talk about going down to the wire! What happened to my past habit of having my cards completed by Thanksgiving?!

STAMPS: Tag Time & O Christmas Tree - both sets by Verve
PAPER: Mitten Weather DP by Cosmo Cricket, White
INK: Perfect Plum
ACCESSORIES: Tiny Sweet Scallop tag die (Verve), Satin ribbon, Silver cording w/wire, Square lattice EF, Snowflake punch by EK Success, Vintage button by PTI.

2 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

So beautiful, Wanda! I love the color combination and that fabulous ribbon bow.

Marisa said...

I need to remember to use the negative of a die on cards. Snowflake looks great! Wonderful card. As for the used too...blame your moments in fame for consuming your time -- DTs and DD lol ;)