Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Color Throwdown #171


I'm excited to be able to host for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge! Many of us are still in the Christmas creating mode, so I thought I'd go with some vintage, earthy colors that could work for Christmas, if needed, or for a variety of other themes as well.I was inspired by the papers in the Lost & Found Christmas pad my My Mind's Eye and used 3 different papers to create this package tag/ornament. I sponged a little Versamark ink on the edges of the poinsettia and added Queen's Gold EP by Ranger. I added 3 small glitter adhesive dots to the flower center. So...what are you waiting for? Take a break from all the holiday bustle and join us! Need some inspiration? Check out the samples of our Color Throwdown team...including the ultra talented guest designer, Lydia Fiedler!
Wanda
Lydia Fielder ~ December Guest Designer


What did I use?
STAMPS: Holly Jolly Sentiments by Lil' Inker Designs
PAPER: Lost & Found Christmas by MME, Old Olive
INK: Baroque Burgundy, Versamark, Soft Suede (used to sponge banner)
ACCESSORIES: 2010 Heirloom Ornament Nesties, Ribbon Banners die, Layered Poinsettia die by Spellbinders, Queen's Gold EP, Glitter adhesive dots (Michael's), Oval Nesties, Eyelet, Gold cording.

14 comments:

Marisa said...

Why oh why did I not pick up that Poinsettie nestie when I saw it!! Aaaaargh!!! Of course they are now sold out - ugh! Maybe on sale in the summer LOL! Love the ornament and the decor on it. Great use of the colours and a great project :)

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous, Wanda! You know I'm all over a Christmas ornament, LOL! Love how you used all those dies. I have them all so I might just have to CASE this ;-)

Kerri said...

Hey miss hostess with the mostess:) I love your color combo and your ornament is GORGEOUS!!! Pure perfection my friend!

Angela said...

Wow...stunning!!! I can see a Christmas tree decorated with ornaments like this...think how beautiful that would be!

Karen M said...

What a gorgeous ornament! I LOVE it!

Vickie Z said...

Love the ornament die and those big ole' holly leaves!!! Fabulous colors!!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful ornament Wanda-love the color combo this week - maybe i wil lget a chance to play I am still in Christmas creating mode-working on finishing up my cards

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is really beautiful, Wanda! I wish there were more hours in the day... I'd CASE a dozen of these!

Broni said...

Wow, Wanda! This is just beautiful! I love that you made an ornament and I just love this combo!

Joan Ervin said...

Wanda...I am sooo drooling over that gorgeous ornament...it's sooo classy and elegant!!! Love the papers you used and what a beautiful sparkly poinsettia!!!!

Marybeth said...

This is so gorgeous ! Just beautiful ! How large is it? I love the music paper in the center.

dpkennedy said...

This is gorgeous! I love the background paper you used and the music note paper. The big holly leaves and flower are beautiful! And the banner with the sentiment is just perfect! Fabulous creation!

Marlena M. said...

Your ornament is amazing. I love it. ;)

Lori said...

Wanda, your tag is gorgeous! Love all the detail on the layered poinsettia.