Tuesday, September 25, 2018

PTI Blog Hop



Fall is in the air and this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop is noting that point with its great inspiration photo filled with plaid and the traditional autumn color palette of orange, gold, brown and green!  I grabbed a sheet of plaid paper from Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid 6x6" pad as my starting point.  Since I don't own many fall PTI images, I went with their Holiday Greens stamp set and paired it with the rustic Mix and Mat: Plaid Die set.


I used the following distress oxide inks to stamp the images: Spiced Marmalade, Frayed Burlap, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers.  The MISTI is the perfect tool to get the images centered over the die cut pieces.  I highlighted the pine cones with a Zig clean color brush marker to give them added dimension.  I kept the sentiment very minimal by using PTI's Tiny Tags stamp/die set.
Thanks so much for hopping by...

7 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful colors on your plaid and fall foliage Wanda - love how you mixed it up with pinecones and ferns - fall in the forest! - they look lovely layered on the brown die cut!

Dana Kirby said...

Oh Wanda!! This is so pretty!! I love all of your layers and colors!! The perfect Fall card!! Beautiful!

Carmela said...

Lovely card, Wanda! Love the frame and how your used the holiday greens. Great color choices.

Cindy Beach said...

I love your card Wanda! It's amazing how you paired the plaid paper and the Mix and Mat ides, they look great together! Using the greenery set was clever and creative too!

Jill S said...

This is beautiful, Wanda. I love the play of plaid on plaid and the fall spin on holiday greens is so smart. Nicely done!

Marcia Hill said...

This is beautiful Wanda, and I totally LOVE how you used a Christmas set and made it Fall...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Wanda! Love these colors!