Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Color Throwdown



Hi, everyone! It's my turn to host this week's Color Throwdown challenge !  Since June is known as a month for brides, I chose a bridal bouquet for the inspiration picture.  Our middle son will be getting married on June 30, so I've had wedding details on my mind for some time!


I love this new PTI floral set and decided to get it inky for my card!  I pulled some retired SU papers out of the archives and used Chupa's layout for her Sketchbook Saturday Challenge.

I'm hoping you'll love these colors and say "I do" (grin).  Remember, if you don't have the exact colors, use something that's close...we want you to have fun!  If you upload to a public gallery, be sure and use the key words CTD246.  Also, link up your card on the Color Throwdown blog using the linky tool at the bottom of the post.  For more inspiration, check out the other design team members' creations...including our talented June guest designer, Wanda Guess! 
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
                                    Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations (you are here) 
Denise Marzec - The Paper Landscaper
  June Guest Designer - Wanda Guess - A Blog Called Wanda


STAMPS: Ruby Rose (PTI), Rainbow and Cloud Sentiments (Lil Inker Designs)
PAPER: Cottage Wall (SU), Rich Razzleberry, White
INK: Rich Razzleberry, Blushing Bride, Old Olive, Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Brights Collection button by SU, Sentiment flag die by Lil Inker Designs, Grosgrain ribbon (SU), Ruby Rose coordinating dies by PTI, Adhesive pearls.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda! Your card is so beautiful! How fun to have a summer wedding in your family - congratulations! I think it's funny that the 'Wandas' used the same stamp set today! Great minds think alike. I loooove your card.
:-)

Marisa said...

You rocked this one big time. Love the flower and that colour combo is sooo yummy! Congrats to your son on his upcoming wedding!!

Joan Ervin said...

Oooh, I love the PTI flowers, too...I think I need to go shopping!!!!! Thanks for the great colors this week, Wanda!!!!

Beverley said...

Wanda...I saw your card over at The Colour Throwdown and it is absolutely beautiful...love the colours and the image...thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

Kim said...

Your card and these colors are awesome Wanda!! I love the papers that you've used. The leaves on those flowers are really nice!! :>)

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the flower images you used here.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

How I love this PTI stamp set! Also, your colours rock! Gorgeous card :)

Erum Tasneem said...

very pretty! :)
xo,
Erum