Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Color Throwdown #565

 
Another Wednesday means another Color Throwdown Challenge is happening. Jodi is our hostess this week and has chosen lavender, gray and black as our color palette! I'm making a big effort to build up my Christmas card stash and while my initial thought was to create a Halloween card, I decided to think outside of the box and use these Christmas Florals from The Greetery instead!


I started by stenciling the English Brick Wall stencil (My Favorite Things) in Silver Lining ink. I die cut it with the Crimped Frame die (The Greetery). The vertical strips are actually cut from Papertrey Ink's Pierced Feature Frames die. I used a light gray Zig clean color brush marker to add some details to the leaves. The sentiment must have been cut from a scrap of a different white CS brand since it looks so yellow in the photo. :-( It's amazing that there are so many different shades of white!!!

STAMPS: With Love At Christmas and Sentiment Suite: Christmas by The Greetery.
PAPER: Smoky Slate (Stampin' Up); Smooth White (My Favorite Things); True Black (Papertrey Ink). 
INK: Plum Pudding (PTI); Grape Soda (Reverse Confetti); Fairy Dust, Silver Lining, Blossomberry, Cockleshell (WPlus9). 
DIES: Crimped Frame, Sentiment Suite Basics, With Love At Christmas (The Greetery); Pierced Feature Frames (PTI). 

We'd love to see how you interpret these colors! If you need more inspiration, check out the rest of the design team samples below.




                                                                          ~Wanda

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

Love this beautiful Christmas card Wanda!