Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Make It Monday #334: Glitter Inlays


I wanted to play along with Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge after seeing that 'glitter' was one of the key words! I need a wedding card soon for a bride who LOVES glitter! Lexi Daly has a great tutorial on creating glitter inlays, but my problem was not knowing where my sticker paper was hiding in my crafty space!  I had to go with plan B which used glitter cardstock that was die cut and the pieces were inserted into the negative die cut spaces.  Here's hoping the challenge police won't be coming after me!


Several of the individual flowers were popped with foam tape.  The sentiment was white embossed on black and I chose to cut the elongated "tails" down a bit.  Here's what else I used...

STAMPS: Garden Grace (PTI), Swoosh (PTI).
PAPER: Aqua Mist, White, Black (PTI); Glitter CS (? source).
DIES: Garden Grace, Swoosh, Mix and Mat: Postal Die (PTI); Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics by MFT.

Thanks so much for stopping by...

4 comments:

Sandy S. said...

Beautiful and no glitter mess in your craft room!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL card Wanda, and love your inlay idea...not quite as messy as regular glitter! (I still have specs of glitter everywhere in my crafting space!!) Lovely idea for a wedding card too!! :0)

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful!

lexi said...

beautiful wedding card and great inlay alternative!! thanks for playing make it monday!