Sunday, August 5, 2018

Dare to Get Dirty



It's that annual Dare to Get Dirty week of fun over at Splitcoaststampers where the dirty girls are hosting a ton of challenges for all fan club members (you can get the fan club details HERE)!  It all started August 4th and partner companies and advertisers have sponsored the event with some fabulous prize packages for the players.  This artistic celebration is a thank you event for the Fan Club members who support the SCS site with their subscriptions, so join us today and come play along!  Here is a LINK to the threads that address how to join in the challenges.

I was asked to make a card sample by my good friend, Teresa Kline, for her challenge that goes live today.  While I can't go into detail about her challenge here, I would encourage you to check it out at the link above and play along with us!



My favorite item in Reverse Confetti's July release is this Geo Panel die that reminds me of a lattice background!  I lightly sprayed it with Elmer's spray adhesive and adhered it to a water colored background created with Pumice Stone distress ink.  That ink matches closely to RC's Stone cardstock which is one of my all-time fave neutrals for card bases!  I used Mijello Mission Gold paints to color the Fantasy Floral Dies by Altenew.  I used at least 3 different shades of red and 3 different shades of green.  I love the vivid hues I get with these paints!

My current fight with breast cancer is going pretty well with its mix of ups and downs, so this sentiment was one that really stood out for me at a personal level as I perused my gazillion sentiment choices in my stash! It is from Simon Says Stamp "You Got This" stamp set.  

Have a blessed day!!

2 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

A beautiful and meaningful card. Wanda, you continue to be in my prayers as you fight your breast cancer battle with grace and dignity.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my word, this is beyond GORGEOUS! Love every stunning little detail, Wanda!