Monday, May 22, 2017

Make It Monday: Felt Flowers



I'm playing along with PTI's Make It Monday Challenge on Nichole Heady's blog. Lizzie Jones has a fun tutorial showing different kinds of felt flowers using PTI dies HERE.  It's been ages since I played with felt, so I decided to simply create a gift tag that's embellished with a single flower. I used Raspberry Fizz 100% wool felt from PTI and green felt from a local big box store (Michael's) and there is clearly a big difference in quality!  Pssst...I recommend PTI's felt!  Here are the pieces I cut...
I folded each medium flower (five of them) in quarters as Lizzie shows in her tutorial.  I hot glued them on the one larger sized flower.  I cut 3 leaves using PTI's Delightful Dahlia Additions dies. Here is a side view...
I had a leftover winter berry sprig that had clear beads on short pieces of wire and cut three of them to glue to the center for stamens.  The sentiment is from PTI's Delightful Dahlia Additions stamp set. The tag is now ready to attach to a gift bag when I need it! Thanks for stopping by...

5 comments:

Carmela said...

Very pretty flower, Wanda. Love the color. You did a great job.

Nancy Penir said...

Wanda, how lovely! Love bead center!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful tag Wanda

Marcia Hill said...

What a lovely tag Wanda! I have those flower dies and never even remembered that I had them...thanks for reminding me! Love the beaded stamens in the center too! :0)

Vikki H said...

Love that pretty flower tag! this is such a creative technique!