Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Color Throwdown


Good Wednesday everyone! Barbara Anders is our hostess for Color Throwdown Challenge #442 and she has a fabulous color palette for us based on this rustic home decor photo: gray, aqua, yellow and kraft!  Speaking of Bar...she is the glue behind the scenes that helps the challenge blog and design team stick together and run so smoothly and we love her for all she does!  She creates the color swatches every week, adds the linky, reminds us to keep guest designers lined up...well, you get the idea! The team wanted to acknowledge all of her hard work week after week and say THANK YOU for all you do!  So...that's how my grateful sentiment came to exist on my card.


I started with a watercolor wash background using distress inks: Pumice Stone, Tumbled Glass, Squeezed Lemonade, Brushed Corduroy.  I tried several gray colors for the leaf stamping and it just didn't pop, so I simply used Versamark ink and added gold embossing powder.  That was the pop it needed!  Good thing I had it positioned on my MISTI so I could keep stamping it over and over.   The tiny zig zag edge is from Reverse Confetti's Edge Essentials die set - a favorite group of edge dies that I go to over and over!  The patterned paper is from K&Company's Julianne 6x6 pad.   The grateful die was cut 3 times to give it the look of chipboard.  The 'feeling' part of the sentiment was stamped with WPlus9's Silver Lining ink.  I adhered the dew drop embellishments using SU's fine tip glue pen.

STAMPS: Lace Leaf by Concord & 9th.
DIES: Grateful Leaf by Concord & 9th; Edge Essentials by Reverse Confetti.

Congratulations to Sue Blamey from Sue's Card Craft who is our guest star stamper this week!  Be sure to stop by her blog and say hello.

For more details on how to play along, head over to the Color Throwdown Blog and you'll find the information on the right sidebar!  You can also visit the rest of the design team's creations for more inspiration by clicking on the links below:

Amy Tsuruta - May Guest Designer

6 comments:

Sue said...

Wendy, this is absolutely gorgeous! What a fabulous and creative use of the colours. Your watercolour background is lovely and the pale blue die-cut over the top of the brown leaf is stunning.Thank you for having me as GD for this challenge.

~amy~ said...

Wanda, this is absolutely GORGEOUS.
pinned it!

Vicki Finger said...


This is gorgeous, Wanda!

Broni said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Wanda! I adore the soft watercolored background with that beautiful leaf!

Natalie Lapakko said...

Wow, wow, wow. This is so beautiful! I love the watercolor wash, the embossing, the colors, the layout... pretty much everything about this card. Give yourself a high five for me, because you knocked this one out of the park!

Nora Noll said...

This is AMAZING!! I LOVE the large, gold leaf. Great take on the challenge!!