Monday, July 14, 2014

Watercolor Rose

***Scroll on down for my Mojo Monday post*** 


I couldn't resist the gorgeous color palette for today's CAS challenge on Splitcoaststampers!  There was a single bloom photo for inspiration, so I dusted off a fave SU rose from the Fifth Avenue Floral set and set to work with some watercoloring.   I stamped the bloom with Black Licorice hybrid ink then embossed with clear EP.  I wet the bloom lightly with a wash of water then picked up distress ink (Squeezed Lemonade and Dried Marigold) that I squished on a large acrylic block.  The leaves (from WPlus9 "Coming Up Roses") were stamped on Shabby Shutters distress ink then spritzed lightly one time with a mister before stamping on the paper.  Splatters were applied by wetting an orange watercolor pencil and taking a wet brush to pick up the color from the tip then tapped it against the pencil to splatter the paper.  These were 3 different techniques that I learned from the online watercolor class offered this past spring.

Thanks for stopping by...now it's time to get ready for work. :-(  Sad to say the weekend is over!


No comments: