Monday, July 21, 2014

Power Poppy Peonies



Hope you're having a great Monday! I'm off work after working the weekend, so this is a Monday I love! :-) I haven't played along with any of the Power Poppy challenges, but decided it was high time I printed some of the digis I had in my files and get my Copics in gear!  So, this is for the Power Poppy Peep of the Week Challenge.

I went with adding the sentiment to the inside instead of the card front.  The green base is Simply Chartreuse CS by PTI and was embossed using the quilted pattern die by Lil Inker Designs.  Patterned papers are from The Lake House pad by Kaisercraft - die cut using MFT's Fishtail Flags Die-Namics.  A little jute twine and a ladybug charm finished it off!

Copics: RV32, RV34, RV93, YG21, YG23, YG25.

Thanks so much for stopping by...I always enjoy your comments! 

7 comments:

Donna Oates said...

Beautiful flower and coloring!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So glad you decided to play along Wanda!! Your Peonies are stunning! I love the deep rose tones with the yellow centers, and that sweet little ladybug!! What a charming embellishment!

Allison Cope said...

Oh Wanda... your peonies are wonderful! The colouring is divine and they look real! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this week!

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, pretty! Your shading is lovely and oh, my gosh, that ladybug charm is so cute! I love the subtle and versatile embossed background, especially in the lime greenish chartreuse. Lime green fan here! Pretty design with the flags. Just all around gorgeous! So glad to see your card in our Power Poppy challenge!

Katie Sims said...

Absolutely beautiful, Wanda! I love how you colored your peonies and that little ladybug charm is the cutest little accent! This truly belongs in a frame! :) I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Power Poppy! :)

Julie Koerber said...

Oh Wanda -- so pretty in pink! I love how the centers of your blossoms look light reflective -- beautiful coloring and fresh and fun design!

ChristineCreations said...

Wanda - this is gorgeous, the soft colouring on the peonies is so lovely! I really like the scoring on the green cardstock too - so sharp! (love the little charm too!) Thanks so much joining us at Power Poppy!