Friday, July 18, 2014

Bright and Beautiful

...that's Wendy's theme for the Free 4 All Challenge over on SCS! I was also inspired by the photo for the current Fusion Card Challenge. I hope to create another card using the great sketch. 



I did a wee bit of watercoloring by spritzing the background leaves and vase before stamping. I
freehand washed some light blue to "ground "the vase. I then popped some flower and leaf dies to add dimension.  I love this hello die  and decided to add sweet friend to the sentiment and send this to a friend who is recovering from surgery.  Confession: I stamped it first on the card and it wasn't perfectly straight, so I moved to plan B and used a word window punch to cover up the goof. :-) I'll bet that hasn't happened to any of you - LOL!  I just love it when I complete a card and the very last stamping move results in a goof...NOT!





Here's what I used...
STAMPS: Spring Blooms, Coming Up Roses, Hand Lettered Hello - all by WPlus9.
PAPER: Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock, White by PTI.
INK: TH distress inks - Ripe Persimmon, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass.


6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Wanda this is just stunning with beautiful fresh spring colours.
{I would love you to take part in my 900 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Wanda.

Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Wanda! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Linda said...

Wanda, love the colors of this beautiful floral card.

Jeanne J. said...

OH Wanda! I adore this - just gorgeous - so colorful and fun!

Lin said...

Whoa, baby, this is gorgeous, Wanda! What a stunner!