Friday, July 18, 2014

A Look Back at ODBD July Release


It's time to take a look back at the July release at ODBD!  Hopefully, you didn't miss the fun new pennant stamps and dies that made their debut on July 1st!  Here's a creation that highlights the versatile Pennant Alphabet Solid stamp set and Pennant Dies.


I love the variety of banner die sizes and thought it would be fun to feature a summertime banner using papers from ODBD Blooming Garden Collection.  The bees - from the ODBD Zinnia stamp set - were die cut, stamped and colored with Copic marker Y19 and the wings were highlighted with a Wink of Stella clear shimmer brush pen.  I discovered I could punch the pennant alphabet with a 3/8" circle punch (SU) which required some minor touch up on the edges using a Copic black marker. The possibilities for sentiments are ENDLESS with this alphabet set!

I often try to "think outside the box" with my dies...to see if I can make them more versatile and decided to turn the large pennant die into some Christmas trees.  I covered each one with washi tape and freehand cut some "trunks" from brown cardstock. The sentiment is from ODBD Peace and Joy stamp set.  The layered dies behind the trees are ODBD Vintage Label dies.



Be sure and check out the rest of the designers' blogs for more pennant inspiration!
Julie * Grace * Lori * Cathy * Chris * Sandy * Dawn * Paula * Wanda * Silke * Stacy * Angie 



10 comments:

KimCreate said...

Wow, both cards are great but I LOVE the washi chistmas trees! And I love the die shapes you layered behind them. Super card!

Cathymac said...

You are so creative, Wanda! Love the layering of pennants on your first card! And leave it to you to think of using the pennants as Christmas trees…how clever! Fabulous rewind projects, my friend!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Love them both, Wanda! The first is so fun and colorful and the 2nd is super clever using the dies for trees!!! HUGS!!

Grace said...

Oh I love them both Wanda! The top one is crisp, clean and HAPPY! LOVE your Christmas trees too! I had thought of that at one point but you beat me to it, and ever so pretty too!!!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I just love them both Wanda but I have to say the trees are so creative!! What a perfect use of the banner die!! Your first is so bright and cheerful with your combo of papers against the crisp white!!
hugs,
Chris

Stacy Morgan said...

Both are great, the bee's and banners is darling with great papers. The tree's again great paper and look so cool!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful! Love your Happy bee card. The colors & banners are super. And your Christmas card is fabulous. Is the greeting from a retired set? Don't think I've ever seen it.

Unknown said...

Wanda, I love the way you used the different dies on your summer banner! The choice of papers is very nice!!! You were just too creative with those trees!!! It's a very good idea!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

You clever girl you....I love the Christmas card idea! Both projects are gorgeous...you know I love your style :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn said...

beautiful samples, Wanda!! and clever you, I never would have looked at the pennant as a tree!!