Saturday, April 19, 2014

Viva la Verve



Laurie has a really great sketch and inspiration photo for this week's Viva la Verve challenge!  The pillow and ottoman basically led me to choose the large polka dotted DP from Echo Park's Splendid Sunshine pad...I just can't seem to put these papers down.  They are so perfect for summertime cards!  The embossed felt flower has been in my embellishment stash for a really long time and it fit perfectly.  The leaves were stamped with Lucky Limeade ink on Old Olive cardstock then die cut with Verve's Elegant Leaves die.  The sentiment was stamped after cutting the ribbon banner die by Spellbinders.  I stamped the heart using Night of Navy ink on the hot pink dotted swiss paper from the same EP pad then die cut it with Verve's Jotted Heart die.  Some white SU thread and Avery Elle sequins finished it off.

I want to wish all of my blogger friends a very happy and blessed Easter!  I'm looking forward to having all 3 of our children plus our two daughters-in-law  come to the house for a chicken BBQ dinner on Sunday afternoon! 

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So lovely! The pink and blue together is so fun!