Thursday, April 10, 2014

Note of Thanks


This card was inspired by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge (oops...collection had already closed for this challenge) and uses the current Retrosketches Challenge layout. I totally had plans to create something in only sage and cream and picked out the herring bone paper (used in the matting) from this gorgeous paper pad by MME. Well...the small floral design was calling my name and I had to add it, too. :-)  I pulled some Sage Shadow CS from my stash - a long retired color by SU - for the card base.  I digressed from the baby theme and went with this new Reverse Confetti set - Class Act - to use the uber fun dotted swiss apple! Love that there are matching dies for all the images. 
 A really quick and fun thank you card for a teacher...or for anyone!

STAMPS: Class Act (Reverse Confetti)
PAPER: Kate and Co "Cambridge Court" pad by My Mind's Eye, Sage Shadow by SU, White by PTI
INK: Sage Shadow, Rose Red
ACCESSORIES: Class Act dies by Reverse Confetti, Enamel dots.

6 comments:

Doreen said...

I would like to know if the cards of thanks is a stamp or where it is from? Please
Thanks, Doreen

Wanda Cullen said...

Doreen, the sentiment panel that looks like a notebook page was first stamped with Sage Shadow ink on white cardstock. I then took the die from Reverse Confetti's Class Act die set, and cut it using a die cutting machine. I then stamped the sentiment with black ink on top of the mini notebook "page". Hope that answers your question.

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card Wanda-I am lovin' the floral dp you used-

Linda Beeson said...

Cute! I have those stamps so it is cool to see an example using them

Marisa said...

Adorable - love that polka dotted apple!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sweet card, Wanda!