Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Color Throwdown



In this week's Color Throwdown Challenge, Tammy has some really fun vintage pyrex dishes for our inspiration photo!  I finally got to play with some new baby Die-Namics from MFT.  Guess I'm all into the baby mode since finding out I'm going to be a grammy in September!  Not sure of my official title yet...there are so many options out there and I'm wondering what my blogger friends use for their "handle".  Is it Grandma?  Nana?  Mawmaw?  Mimi?  The list goes on and on! :-)  You'll have to help me out.


My background was created with MFT's Plaid Background Builder stamp set using Cool Caribbean, Daffodil Delight and Crisp Cantaloupe.  I still have some Cool Caribbean CS in my stash so went with a narrow mat in that color.   I was all done with my card and realized I hadn't used any black, so that's when I knew this little duckie would be given a black eye - lol!  

I'm so sad to see Melody Rupple having to say goodbye to the design team! I'm such a fan of her creative, gorgeous scrapbook pages...and cards...and I want to say a big thank you, Melody, for gracing us with your presence during this last year! We have a huge announcement coming out next week! There will be a new addition to the team and she will knock your socks off with her talent, so stay tuned!

I'm thrilled to have a really great friend and stamping buddy as this week's Star Stamper - Teresa Kline from Paperie Blooms!
Play along with us this week and you just might be in the spotlight next week as our guest star stamper!  You don't have to have exact colors to play along, but you do need to have a close resemblence.  Be sure and link your creation to the linky tool at the bottom of the current challenge post on the Color Throwdown blog.
 
We also have to say goodbye to our April guest designer and want to say a big thank you to Jeanne Jachna for sharing her gorgeous creations with us this month!  It's been a real pleasure to get to "visit" Jeanne's blog!  If you pick up the latest Cardmaker magazine, you'll see more of Jeanne's creations published!  For more inspiration from the rest of the CTD design team, check out their blogs below...
 
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Melody Rupple
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Jeanne Jachna– April Guest Designer

12 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

What cuteness! A ducky Bib-fun.

Jeni Glee said...

This is "sweetness" all over!

Lori said...

This is too sweet, Wanda! Love the plaid background you created for the adorable baby bib.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Super cute, Wanda! Guess you'll be needing to stock up on "I love Grandma!" baby bibs soon, right?

Vickie Z said...

Adorable!! I am an acquired "grandma"....and yes we go by " grandma" :) Started out as a joke...they are teenagers...stuck though and they like it!

Jeanne J. said...

That stamped background is amazing! And I love the duckie die cut!

Melody said...

Really cute card Wanda. Love that plaid background. Thank you so much for your sweet words. I will really miss being part of this fun, talented group.

Joan Ervin said...

Your little duck with the black eye is just tooo cute, Wanda!!! Love how you created the background, too, and the little bib is absolutely adorable!!!!

Broni said...

This is so much fun, Wanda! I love using plaid on baby cards and these colors were just perfect for it! All my grands call me Nana. There's no better role in the world!! I'm so excited for you!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic background Wanda. Love that bib! So cute!

Betty Wright said...

Wanda, this is super cute and fabulous! I have my eye on this little ducky and bib die! Oh, dear!

Barbara said...

Fabulous job on that plaid, Wanda!! What a darling baby card, Nana!