Thursday, April 24, 2014

Petals 'n Posies



I couldn't resist a chance to play with this set of Reverse Confetti posies when I saw the Reverse Confetti April Color Challenge: light blue, plum and green!  I love the new layout for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge and took the liberty to angle the central panel.  My paper doily is nearly all hidden, but the texture is there if you look closely.  Just got this sweet stitched BG in the mail today from Lil Inker Designs...LOVE it! 

The flag strip was die cut after stamping Soft Sky ink using a stripe
pattern stamp from Reverse Confetti's So Stripey set.  I tucked a bit of silver thread behind the flower...my latest go-to choice instead of the bulkier ribbon bows.  I know I've posted this before, but I am really loving the rich, crisp black ink of MFT's new hybrid ink line: Black Licorice.  It works great with Copic coloring, too!

STAMPS: Petals 'n Posies, So Stripey - both by Reverse Confetti.
PAPER: Violet Leaf Mat Stack by DCWV, Soft Sky, Plum Pudding, White.
INK: Black Licorice by MFT.
ACCESSORIES: Quilted Stitched Pattern die by Lil Inker Designs, Fishtail Flags Die-Namics (MFT), Petals 'n Posies dies and tag die by Reverse Confetti.

5 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the tag with all those pretty layered flowers. Such a fun and imaginative take on the sketch! So glad you played along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,Wanda...what a perfect card! The colors are sooo pretty and i love the layers and the details!!
Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!

Cindy Hall said...

I loved this card the very moment I saw it. This is the perfect combination of colors for a fresh and lovely look. The details, layering and embellishments are stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rosemary said...

this is just so pretty... i always love what you do with the RC stamps! thanks so much for your sweet comment on my card!!

Rosemary said...

YAY!!! i'm so very happy that you are the RC color challenge winner!!! congrats!