Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Timeless Tuesday


It's good to be back in my stamp room again after a week at the beach last week!  It was great to be with extended family members, but have to admit...trying to survive triple digit temperatures almost got the best of me!  Fortunately, our beach house had a pool in the back, so I opted for cooling off there rather than deal with the hot sand several days.  OK...on to the business of papercrafting! :-)  I created this card for the Timeless Tuesday Challenge on the Flourishes blog to use a sentiment as the focal point.  None of my sets had any large sentiments, so I opted to stamp the largest one I had on vellum and overlay it on this floral image.

 I guess my brain is a little fried, because I thought I was using the SCS Color Challenge colors only to discover after I was done that I forgot the Crumb Cake!  Doh!   I used Jen Shults' great sketch for the Deconstructed Sketch Challenge #59.

STAMPS: Botanical Bookplates and Calla Lilies - both by Flourishes
PAPER: Raspberry Fizz, Black, White, Vellum
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: Corner punch by SU, Silver & black adhesive pearls, Lace, Raspberry Fizz ribbon, Tiny flower punch ($1 bin at Mike's).

6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous card, Wanda! Love all the gorgeous lace! Glad you had a pool at the beach house to cool off in and didn't have to walk in the hot sand. :)

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty! I was on vacation with those triple digit temps too, only I was in Virginia with no pool and a broken A/C. No our best vacation...LOL

Marisa said...

Love the vellum overlay with the sentiment and the laces are fabulous. Good to have you back in cyber world too :) I think I would have opted for the pool too - not fun getting your feet burnt by hot sand!

Amy Sheffer said...

Welcome back from vacation! Your card is just lovely! Beautiful coloring and lace. Thanks for playing along at the Deconstructed Sketch!

Jen Shults said...

How pretty! I like the flowers with the vellum over it! I really like your take on this week's Deconstructed sketch! Thanks for joining us!! :)

Amanda said...

Wanda, this is truly Gorgeous!! The way you colored your flowers exceptionally!! And that lace just makes me drool!! :)

Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!!

~ Amanda :)