Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Color Throwdown !99

Happy Independence Day to all my American friends!  It's also Wednesday and that means it's time for another Color Throwdown Challenge!  Lori has chosen some great colors for us this week: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Night of Navy and Crumb Cake - inspired by this festive, nautical party table!


I created my card using another fun, summertime digi image from Sassy Cheryl's Digis.  I colored with Copics and layered the Labels Eight Nestie panel over some burlap trim that I ordered from Linda's Funkie Junkie online store.  The tiny tag die is by PTI, as is the Tiny Tag stamp set.  DP is from MME's "On the Bright Side" 6x6 pad.


We hope you can play along with us and don't forget to tune in again next Wednesday for some awesome blog candy to be given away by the entire design team to celebrate our 200th challenge!  If you need some more inspiration for this week's challenge, go to the Color Throwdown blog and check out the great samples by the design team!  We're also thrilled to welcome a new guest designer with this being a new month...the talented Judy Rozema...WELCOME, JUDY!! 

4 comments:

Vickie Z said...

She's adorable! Reminds me of my scrappy child! Wondering where you have been..hopefully a fun beak!

Marisa said...

Your colouring is fabulous, Wanda!! Loving the bit of burlap you used too. Great use of this week's colours :)

Lynn Put said...

This is precious Wanda! I really like how you used this week's colors with this cute image and the burlap with ribbon gives some great texture to your background!

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!! I love it that you gave her red hair, Wanda...all three of my kids have hair almost the same color!!! I love the burlap, too...I can't believe I just tossed a whole bag of the stuff....yikes!!!!