Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Color Throwdown 201

Our 200th challenge celebration was a lot of fun this past week and we saw some amazing entries from you fans!  Just a reminder to check out the winners' list on yesterday's CTD post HERE.  But now it's time to move on to the next 200 challenges!


I am hosting this week and found this throw pillow photo from Pottery Barn with some versatile colors... I hope you like it! 


If my mother were still living, today would be her birthday!  I really miss her, but know she's celebrating in heaven, so that's why I went with a birthday card in her memory.  The layout is using Jen Del Muro's Sketch For You To Try for July and what a fun one!  For the vertical element, I opted to use the leafy vine and mini roses Die-Namics by MFT since they are the sponsors for the SFYYT challenge.  The sentiment is from the "You're So Tweet" Pure Innocence set.  I used SU's 2-step bird punch and sponged the edges with Tim Holtz' Fired Brick distress ink.  A little distressing and stitching details were added as well.  DP is from MME's Lost and Found Two "Rosy" pad.  I'm getting so anxious to see the new papers released at summer CHA...not that I NEED any more paper - lol!

Don't forget to check out all the inspiration by the rest of the design team, as well as our talented July guestie, Judy Rozema,  HERE!   As always, if you don’t have the exact colors, it’s no problem...just substitute with what you have that’s close to this week’s colors.  And, don’t forget to use the keyword CTD201 if you upload your project to an online gallery.  Hope to see you in the gallery!

5 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Wanda, this is SO beautiful! I absolutely LOVE this!!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is fabulous! I am loving that background paper....I need to find some of that!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, Wanda...your card is sooo pretty with that sweet little bird and the rolled roses...I love it!!! Thanks for the great colors this week!!!!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh how adorable! Love how you used this sketch with your fabulous creation. Beautiful!

Lori said...

This is beautiful, Wanda! Love the background paper and the patterned bird. Thanks for sharing a fabulous color combination this week!