Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Word Art Wednesday & SFYTT


I stumbled upon a new (to me) Word Art Challenge (thanks to Karen's kind comment) and loved the idea of using an uplifting sentiment/verse as the focal point of a card.  I also used Jen's layout in her Sketch For You To Try Challenge for June.  I've been overlooking my considerable stash of SU DP in lieu of 6x6 pads that I typically grab and decided to give these retired papers some love. 

Here's what I used:
PAPER: Green Tea DP by SU, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Lucky Limeade, White
INK: Canon inkjet printer
ACCESSORIES: Circle and Scallop circle Nesties, Fern punch by MS, Leafy die by Sizzix, Mini rolled roses Die-Namics by MFT, Butterfly sticker by Martha Stewart, Baja Breeze pleated ribbon by SU, Foam tape.

5 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my...this is just GORGEOUS Wanda! LOVE this verse and the flowers and leaves are SO beautiful!!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card, Wanda, and one of my favorite verses too :) Swooning over all that yummy green and the flowers are gorgeous with the foliage behind them. Great touch with the lace butterfly!

Denise Marzec said...

Totally gorgeous, Wanda! I need to go find some of those MS crocheted butterflies....LOVELY!

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh, Wanda - this is SO pretty. I love the colors, the leaves, and that gorgeous aplique butterfly. Such sweet, soft touches bring this together beautifully. Thanks for blessing us with your art in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Our new challenge begins tomorrow, and I really hope you will continue to play along each week. It would be such a blessing to us!!
Enjoy your week and thanks again.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

ChristineCreations said...

I have so much paper that I need to decide to do something with too...this is gorgeous Wanda...I really love that lace butterfly!