Friday, June 1, 2012

Pinwheel Scrapling

**Please scroll down for my Raise the Bar post** 

I haven't played in the Friday Mashup Challenge for a long time, so when I saw their challenge to use scraps to create a scrapling, I knew I wanted to play!  I already had these papers on my desk from a previous card, so I went with the blues and yellows from the Buttercup pad by Lily Bee Design.  I wanted the pinwheel to be the focal point and added a hand crocheted flower (made by my mother) and a filigree brad to the center.  The sentiment flag and the pinwheel die are all from 'Lil Inker Designs.  I also made this for Wendy's Free 4 All Challenge over on SCS - to create a congratulations card for a graduate without using a cap or diploma image.

I'm heading off to work shortly...looking forward to a weekend off!  Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Wanda!! Well done on both challenges :) Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I totally love your pinwheel, and the crochet flower is just perfect in the center! Great job using your scraps.
Sheri (guest designer - The Friday Mashup)

dstandard said...

Oh wow - this is just gorgeous Wanda!

Julie said...

Love this pinwheel!!! I have got to try making one of these!

Tara Bourgoin said...

What a wonderful scrapling! That pinwheel is darling. Great project all around :)

Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Vickie Z said...

Love your pinwheel! Wow. The only other time I made a scrupling was for a Verve challenge a couple years ago! Love it!

Lisa said...

Wonderful pinwheel, it definitely takes center stage!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup.

Heidi Baks said...

Ooooh, love this! Great dimension. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

hollybeary creations said...

Okay how cool is this scrapling? Love it! The patterns in the paper are so pretty together. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

hollybeary creations said...

Okay how cool is this scrapling? Love it! The patterns in the paper are so pretty together. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.