Tuesday, June 5, 2012

CASEing Becky


I wanted to honor Queen for the Day, BeckyTE, by casing one of her fabulous cards! I've long been an admirer of her work and am thrilled that the spotlight is on her this week! I chose this card of hers and chose the gingham with twine border elements to use in my card.  My card also uses the fabulous summery color palette that Julia chose for this week's Color Challenge on SCS: Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery and Pool Party with the dessert option of using twine in a creative way.  Well, I wasn't too creative with it, but I did add it in a basic, simple way.  Yesterday's CAS Challenge on SCS was to use letters, so I went with Verve's You and I set for the sentiment.  The flowers are from a set by PTI called "Life" and I love that you can mix and match and create all kinds of "bouquets" to suit your taste!  I colored the tall goldenrod image using Peeled Paint and Mustard Seed distress markers.  I used Pool Party and Certainly Celery inks with the other images.  The picket fence border is a Martha Stewart punch.

PAPER: "Handmade" pad by Lily Bee Design.

3 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Wanda, this is GORGEOUS! LOVE this!!

Marisa said...

Absolutely love this card Wanda! Great use of the U die :)

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous! Love how you used these colors and images! Picket fence and sentiment combo is wonderful!