Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Color Throwdown #790

 


Hello friends! Another week has rolled around and it's time for a new Color Throwdown challenge. Yours truly is hosting and I've chosen yellow, green and aqua for the colors. I love this time of year when tulips are at their peak! I used Into the Blooms: Tulips die set from Papertrey Ink and color blended using Bristol Smooth Surface paper.

The card base is Pool paper from The Foiled Fox. It's the closest color that I've found to match Aqua Mist that is still out of stock at Papertrey Ink after several years. After color blending the florals, I splattered with water for a mottled look. I added some Stickles for a bit of sparkle at the edges of the tulips.


STAMPS
: Mashup Birthday (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise dye inks by PTI; Ocean Breeze (Pinkfresh Studio); Versafine Clair Nocturne; Salvaged Patina, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive distress inks.
PAPER: Pool (The Foiled Fox); Stampers Select White (PTI).
DIES: Spectacular Spiral, Into the Blooms: Tulips (Papertrey Ink); Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics (My Favorite Things). 
OTHER: Crystal Stickles.
 
Here is a peek at my island arrangement. Can you tell I'm a fan of tulips? :-)  That's a wrap for today! Hope to see you in the throwdown gallery!   ~Wanda 

3 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What an absolutely beautiful springtime card! Love the tulips!

donna mikasa said...

Love your yellow tulips against the spiral diecut--so pretty!

Ida said...

Gorgeous card. Love the big bold tulips and the added splatters. Wonderful color choice for this challenge. You tulip arrangement is very pretty too.