Monday, April 6, 2020

Just Cruisin' By



I finally got to ink up this fun new set recently released by The Greetery. My very first car that I owned was a navy blue VW bug, so that was naturally the first color I used to ink up this ride! I used the current sketch for the Sunday Stamps Challenge.

I had to have a car my senior year of college to be able to visit public health families that were on my case load. That little VW had to ford a shallow stream to get to one family...the same family that had their guinea pig running through the house! When I saw what looked like a rat running behind the sofa, the mother reassured me it was only their pet guinea pig! Eeekk!! 


Betsy has a very helpful layering guide with this stamp set which makes it so easy to put together. I'm thinking my dad might enjoy this card for his birthday. He'll be 94 in June and I can still remember him making me change a tire on my "bug" in case I ever had a flat tire!

STAMPS: Top Down Day (The Greetery).
PAPER: Summer Dreams 6x6" pad by Echo Park; White by Papertrey Ink.
INK: Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Pure Poppy, Bright Buttercup, Orange Zest, Hawaiian Shores, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Piggy Bank (Reverse Confetti).
DIES: Stitched Circle and Rectangle STAX Die-Namics by My Favorite Things; Top Down Day (The Greetery). 

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!        ~Wanda

3 comments:

Heather said...

So fun, Wanda - love that image! Such a bright and cheery card, and wonderful paper choices! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh my word, Wanda! This is the cutest! Love that little girl sporting to the birthday party! SMILE! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Annette Elliott said...

What a fun birthday card, Wanda! I love the bright papers you chose for your speedy birthday card. So fun! thanks so much for playing along with this weeks sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps! :)