Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Color Throwdown #591


Hi everyone! Amy Rysavy is hosting this week's Color Throwdown challenge and has a unique group of colors that I decided would work well with the Botanicuts: Rose die set from The Greetery. I had to have leaves and wanted them to be a muted "neutral" green - haha!  I cut out all the dies first from white card stock and lined them up in the order of assembly. Then I color blended with Taylored Expressions brushes and distress inks.

STAMPS: Fresh Air (The Greetery).
PAPER: White (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Tattered Rose, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Iced Spruce, Bundled Sage distress inks by Ranger; Memento Tuxedo Black.
DIES: Botanicuts: Rose and Nordic Frames (The Greetery). 


The shimmer doesn't show up in the photograph - thanks to the rainy, cloudy weather in VA - but I added Clear Wink of Stella brush marker over the two roses. They look so much prettier in bright sunlight! 

For more inspiration, be sure to check out the rest of the design team's creations on the Color Throwdown blog!
                                                                 ~Wanda

4 comments:

Emily said...

Beautiful card. I am loving the Nordic Frame. I didn't purchase it, but will have to do it!

Pauline said...

Wanda this is beautiful! Love the richness of those roses!

AnitaR said...

Beautiful card! Love your color choices!

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! This is amazing!! I LOVE your flowers with the pretty colors but your layering is fabulous with the white on the inked pink!!