Tuesday, September 17, 2019

{PIN}spirational Challenge



It's an overcast day and after I threw some laundry into the washer, I headed to my craft room to see what I could find to inspire me! I found this lovely fall inspiration photo over on the {PIN}spirational Challenge blog. I loved the glass filled jar with the throw in the background and knew I wanted to use some new goodies from The Greetery to create my card.  I added more colors to my design, but the elements of the bouquet in a jar with a blanket as a backdrop will hopefully suffice.


Yesterday, I got some happy mail when my long awaited blender
brushes from Taylored Expressions arrived on my door step! I just had to initiate them by blending the card base with 3 distress oxide inks: Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber. The colors are very close so the variation is very subtle. These brushes were also used for the stenciled filler images in the bouquet. They are more lightweight and easier to hold than another brand I had been using! I'm VERY happy that I invested in these! It's a tool - like the MISTI - that I will not want to be without.  

For the mason jar, I stamped off once with Pacific Point (SU) ink for step 1, then used full Pacific Point ink for step 2. For step 3, I used Chipped Sapphire distress oxide ink. The string was stamped with Brushed Corduroy distress oxide ink. Fossilized Amber then Brushed Corduroy were used on the wheat image. Carved Pumpkin and Ripe Persimmon were used on the berries; leaves were Peeled Paint and the stems were Ground Espresso. The patterned paper "throw" is from Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid Fall 6x6 pad.

STAMPS: Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You, Budding Beauties Autumn, Just Mason Around - all by The Greetery.
DIES: Just Mason Around, Budding Beauties Autumn, Sentiment Suite Basics, Cozy Cup Coaster - all by The Greetery.
OTHER: Mason Jar Fillers stencils by The Greetery. 

Hope your week is going well in your neck of the woods!
                                                                 ~Wanda

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Oh, my, Wanda, I LOVE this project. The plaid blanket provides a warm and cozy background, and your coloring on the flowers and jar is spot on. Thanks so much for linking up to the PINspirational Challenge. Sandy/DT