Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Color Throwdown


It's time to get your mojo moving with the latest new Color Throwdown Challenge colors! Amy Rysavy has a different but awesome color combo for us: gray, yellow, kraft, white. It stumped me for awhile, then the lightbulb clicked when I knew I wanted to use this great HOPE Label die by Concord and 9th! I'm keeping hope alive in my personal life right now after getting a breast cancer diagnosis in mid-May!  Not exactly how I pictured my first month of retirement plans, but it is what it is, and I'm taking one step at a time and will fight this thing! So...here's my take on it... 



I started by stamping C9's Barnwood Background stamp with Crumb Cake ink over a light gray cardstock scrap.  Patterned papers are from Authentique's Classique: Beauty 6x6 pad. I thought a butterfly was a fitting embellishment for the theme, so used C9's Floral and Flutter Dies set.  Very quick and easy design!

For more inspiration from the rest of the design team, click on their blog links below:


"Whatever you do, hold on to hope. The tiniest thread will twist into an unbreakable cord. Let hope anchor you in the possibility that this is not the end of your story, that change will bring you to peaceful shores."  
~Unknown

 

No comments: