Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Color Throwdown #302



The new Color Throwdown Challenge really calls out for a sea theme to me and I knew right away I wanted to play with some distress inks for the background and use this great Reverse Confetti sentiment with the sand dollar die! Barbara is our hostess and has chosen cobalt blue, aqua, gray and white. I used Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers and Pumice Stone inks for the watercolor background - drying each color with a heat gun before adding the next color.  



 

I stippled a light gray Copic marker on the edges/center of the sand dollar.

STAMPS: God is Good (Reverse Confetti).
PAPER: Ranger watercolor CS; Bermuda Bay (SU); Stone (Reverse Confetti).
DIES: Sand Dollar (Reverse Confetti); Stitched Rectangle Die-Namics by My Favorite Things. 


I'm also playing along with Just Us Girls where it's Trend Week and they've chosen one of my favorite trends: watercolor backgrounds!

  

For more inspiration from the rest of the design team, click on their blog links below:


Kathy Schweinfurth - July Guest Designer

2 comments:

Bobby said...

The mix of colors on your background definitely speaks about sea and sand, Wanda, and I love that big sand dollar. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Marlena M. said...

I love every thing about this Wanda! I needed this sentiment right now~thanks for the inspiration and pick me up!