Thursday, September 14, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches




Some late night smooshing with two of my favorite distress inks: Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron. I then splattered Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine over the background.  I gold embossed the leaf image - Lace Leaf stamp set from Concord and 9th - on white and it just didn't pop.  I then smooshed Peacock Feathers ink over it and thought that was a better option.  The sentiment was cut twice with the Lime Green CS shadowing the Metallic Gold CS.  I'm using the new sketch for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge which is a square card this week.  A quick post since I have a huge ironing pile waiting on me.  Hope everyone is having a terrific Thursday!

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the color combo! I'm working on some fall cards that use blues too - so fun to include non-traditional colors in seasonal cards for a different twist!

Linda Callahan said...

Your background is gorgeous and so is the leaf! Beautiful card? Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous card! I love that background and that leaf! Just so pretty and perfect for fall! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!