Friday, October 16, 2015

Happy Boss's Day



I am very blessed to have a wonderful *boss* in Student Health where I work full time and this is my card that I created for her as staff recognized her leadership on Wednesday!  She has quite the gift for choosing funny cards for staff, so when I was debating what theme to use...I was immediately drawn to the Crazy Bird stamp set and matching dies by Tim Holtz! These birds just make me laugh and I love that they are so easy to accessorize. The nurses cap was from Google images which I resized on a Word document.  The background is a techniqe of an online class that I'm thoroughly enjoying by Sheri Carroll!  Her first lesson was on layering inks and I used 4 distress inks: Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain.  Unfortunately, I covered up the nicest portion of the watercolor paper - lol!  The whole card is much busier than I wanted but time just wasn't available for a do over!  :-/
The heart die (Tipsy Heart by Sizzix) was run through a crimper then sponged with white pigment ink.  The sentiment was computer generated, cut and layered on black CS.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Heading out to eat shortly with our middle son's family and looking forward to some gramma time with Quinn!

1 comment:

Teresa Kline said...

this is soooo fun, I luv those birdies and your gorgeous background!

sparkle & shine *~*